State of California
Governor Jerry Brown
State of California
Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
U.S. Senator for California
Senator Barbara Boxer
U.S. Senator for California
Senator Dianne Feinstein
Congressional Representative (47th District)
Congressman Alan Lowenthal
California State Senate (34th District)
Senator Janet Nguyen
California State Assembly (72nd District)
Assembly Member Travis Allen
Orange County Supervisor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Contact: Governor's Press Office:
Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
- AB 146 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Pupil instruction: social sciences: deportations to Mexico.
- AB 157 by Assemblymember Marc B. Levine (D-San Rafael) – Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- AB 164 by Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez (D-Los Angeles) – Claims against the state: payment.
- AB 180 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Cemetery and Funeral Bureau.
- AB 189 by Assemblymember Richard H. Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Arts Council: cultural districts.
- AB 325 by Assemblymember Jim Wood (D-Healdsburg) – Community Development Block Grant Program.
- AB 329 by Assemblymember Shirley N. Weber (D-San Diego) – Pupil instruction: sexual health education.
- AB 361 by Assemblymember Katcho Achadjian (R-San Luis Obispo) – Nuclear powerplants.
- AB 375 by Assemblymember Nora Campos (D-San Jose) – School employees: sick leave: paternity and maternity leave.
- AB 494 by Assemblymember Brian Maienschein (R-San Diego) – Restraining orders: protection of animals.
- AB 644 by Assemblymember Jim Wood (D-Healdsburg) – Land use: general plan: safety element: fire hazard impacts.
- AB 672 by Assemblymember Reginald Byron Jones-Sawyer Sr. (D-Los Angeles) – Inmates: wrongful convictions: assistance upon release.
- AB 681 by Assemblymember Philip Y. Ting (D-San Francisco) – State Board of Equalization: surveys: assessment procedures and practices: county assessor.
- AB 684 by Assemblymember Luis Alejo (D-Watsonville) – State Board of Optometry: optometrists: nonresident contact lens sellers: registered dispensing opticians.
- AB 732 by Assemblymember Jim Cooper (D-Elk Grove) – Cattle protection: brands: inspection: fees.
- AB 759 by Assemblymember Eric F. Linder (R-Corona) – Recreational vehicles.
- AB 780 by Assemblymember Das G. Williams (D-Santa Barbara) – Alcoholic beverages: tied-house restrictions: on-sale retailers advertising.
- AB 880 by Assemblymember Sebastian Ridley-Thomas (D-Los Angeles) – Dentistry: licensure: exemption.
- AB 893 by Assemblymember Mark Stone (D-Scotts Valley) – Beer: labels.
- AB 1081 by Assemblymember Bill Quirk (D-Hayward) – Protective orders.
- AB 1130 by Assemblymember Adam Gray (D-Merced) – Clinics: licensing: hours of operation.
- AB 1171 by Assemblymember Eric F. Linder (R-Corona) –Construction Manager/General Contractor method: regional transportation agencies: projects on expressways.
- AB 1207 by Assemblymember Patty Lopez (D-San Fernando) – Mandated child abuse reporting: child day care personnel: training.
- AB 1407 by Assemblymember Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) – Family law: protective orders: wireless telephone numbers.
- AB 1519 by the Committee on Judiciary Performance – Judiciary omnibus: family support.
- SB 300 by Senator Tony Mendoza (D-Artesia) – Pawnbrokers: regulations.
- SB 383 by Senator Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) – Civil actions: objections to pleadings.
- SB 489 by Senator William W. Monning (D-Carmel) – Hazardous waste: photovoltaic modules.
- SB 557 by Senator Isadore Hall III (D-Compton) – Alcoholic beverages: tied-house restrictions: advertising.
- SB 597 by Senator Bob Huff (R-San Dimas) – Pupil attendance: interdistrict transfers.
- SB 635 by Senator Jim W. Nielsen (R-Gerber) – Erroneous conviction and imprisonment: compensation.
- SB 685 by Senator Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Alcoholic beverage service: veterans' club license.
- SB 695 by Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) – School curriculum: health education: sexual harassment and violence instruction.
- SB 794 by the Committee on Human Services – Child welfare services.
- SB 800 by the Committee on Business, Professions and Economic Development – Healing arts.
Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
- AB 254 by Assemblymember Roger Hernández (D-West Covina) – Election dates. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 267 by Assemblymember Reginald Byron Jones-Sawyer Sr. (D-Los Angeles) –Criminal procedure: disclosure: felony conviction consequences. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 410 by Assemblymember Jay P. Obernolte (R-Big Bear Lake) – Reports submitted to legislative committees. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov